The System Layout Designer is responsible for providing support to the Sales team by creating high-level technical drawings. This involves the research, design, and creation of technical drawings in support of Cimcorp projects.
The System Layout Designer works with various departments to gain information on automation system requirements such as functionality, customer goals, and rate. This position is responsible for producing Isometric and 2D technical drawings to assist in the planning phase of projects.
Details of duties:
- Utilize project specifications, initial ideas, and customer needs to create detailed schematics, plans, diagrams, or layouts using Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs.
- Support sales in the development and maintenance of technical drawings in support of Cimcorp projects. This involves utilizing customer needs to create detailed drawings, and making changes as necessary.
- Check and verify design drawings to confirm specifications and design data.
- Provide support and technical knowledge in the area of system functionality and compatibility with customer layouts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on Cimcorp technologies and their value to customers. This involves working closely with Product Development and Engineering as well as performing independent research to understand these technologies.
- Brainstorm and develop innovative solutions to suit customer needs.
- Participate on work group team projects and/or corporate-related activities as assigned.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at the installation site and at Cimcorp Automation.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to create and develop innovative layout solutions to solve process problems associated with material handling system equipment.
- Strong ability to develop technical designs of complex automated systems from basic concepts using engineering principles and computer-aided design (CAD).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, vendors, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Creativity and vision in support of effective problem-solving skills; discretion and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding delicate matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet sales targets and deadlines without compromising results.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and navigating around the internet.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree with significant exposure to Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor design software, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) or more years of experience working in an industrial/engineering/automation industry in a technical drawing role is considered an asset.
- Minimal travel is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.