Reporting to the Software Manager, the Scrum Master will work with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders to develop, maintain and evolve effective delivery practices in a project-based organization. The Scrum Master will be responsible for facilitating and coaching the team on agile processes, events, and delivery methods while ensuring a clear backlog and roadmap is developed in collaboration with project management. A key element of this role’s mandate is to increase team motivation and overall efficiency while advocating for change leading to improved quality, predictability, and team health.
Details of duties:
- Coach the team and organization on how to leverage Agile practices and values to deliver value to our customers and stakeholders.
- Coach the team on self-organization principles, enabling them to operate flexibly and evolve their own processes within the agile framework while contributing to the evolution of the framework itself.
- Assess the agile maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Identify and manage impediments directly or through team coaching at the team and project levels within software.
- Promote team health by facilitating discussion, decision making, healthy conflict resolution and developing team relationships/cohesiveness.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and sharingof information, knowledge and best practices.
- Support and educate stakeholders and peers on agile software development process and methodologies, with a focus on grooming and maintaining the product backlog and work ingestion.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Responsible for all team projects and serving as Scrum Master on multiple teams (~2) at a time.
- Act as a liaison to project managers and manage the team travel schedule.
- Assist the department manager with scheduling and other project-based administrative duties as required
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities at Cimcorp Automation Ltd.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of appropriate agile methodologies and techniques to help guide team and departments as we continue to develop and evolve our department processes.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills, with an authoritative and confident personality
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal and FDD is considered an asset
- Experience facilitating or managing projects
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Scrum Master role on a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and methodologies; experience inanindustrial/engineering/automation industry is required.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is considered an asset.
- Experience in anindustrial/engineering/automation industry is considered an asset.
- Experience in Software Release management is considered an asset.
- Moderate Travel is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.