The Sales Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing the technical aspects of the sales effort. In this capacity, the Sales Project Manager works closely with Sales Managers in selecting competitive and effective solutions that address the material handling and warehouse automation needs of our customers and promoting these solutions to the customer.
Essential activities include the creative development of innovative solutions, the execution of data analysis and material flow calculations to validate technology selection, and the development of cost estimates by leveraging available expertise and tools. Active and effective interaction with experts and knowledge repositories within the company is essential to correctly apply available products, technology, and experience to new solutions. Similarly, the Sales Project Manager will work with external technology vendors to obtain cost estimates and to ensure OEM equipment being integrated into our solutions meets the project design specifications. The main material output of this effort is the sales proposal document set, with accompanying supporting documents such as cost budget and performance calculation.
Details of duties:
- Review customer specifications to produce data analysis and material flow calculations. This involves working directly with customers to gather data, understand their material flow and expectations, and produce measurable, justifiable results.
- Brainstorm and develop innovative solutions to suit customer needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on Cimcorp technologies and their value to customers. This involves working closely with Product Development, Engineering, and Software at all Cimcorp facilities, as well as performing independent research to understand how best to apply these technologies and effectively educate customers.
- Prepare sales proposal documentation including project estimations. This includes liaising with the sales team to obtain customer needs and project specifications, obtain quotes for materials, and estimate project hours and timelines.
- Coordinate with the Cimcorp procurement department to engage outside vendors to identify externally sourced technology needed to complete the Cimcorp solution, qualify the technology, and secure competitive quotes. This involves utilizing historical data, internal resources, suppliers, and external research to obtain quotes for scopes to determine both cost estimates and functionality.
- Organize and create modeling calculations and simulations to prove out and demonstrate new concepts.
- Create accurate and easily understood cost budgets by drawing upon historical results, cost models, and internal and external quotations to populate the cost estimate template with accurate estimates to a sufficient level of detail.
- Provide technical assistance and explanation to customers and internal departments on solution concept details and output rates.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities both at and away from the office.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to create, develop and promote innovative solutions for automation systems equipment to meet customer goals.
- Experience with industrial automation, including general knowledge of control systems, PLCs, and software.
- Experience with industrial robots, ASRS, and conveyor systems.
- Strong ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Ability to produce data analysis and material flow calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-function team.
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Rampant creativity and vision in support of an effective problem-solving ability, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding delicate matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize work to meet the sales targets and deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, 2D AutoCAD, and navigating around the internet.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in industrial engineering, computer science, process engineering, mechatronics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience working in an industrial/engineering/automation industry, ideally in a system planning capacity.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is considered an asset.
- Moderate travel is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.