Under the leadership of the Director of Sales – CCNA, the Sales Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of customer accounts to achieve the groups’ global sales and profit goals. This involves identifying, targeting, and pursuing potential customers within the food/grocery distribution market area.
The Sales Manager is responsible for interacting with clients through meetings, on site presentations, tradeshows, conferences, and cold calling. In collaboration with internal resources and clients, this position is required to prepare quotation documentation for customer presentation in order to secure system orders. The Sales Manager is responsible for the review and vetting of concepts and estimates produced by the System Planning department.
Details of duties
- Responsible for the overall client account development and maintenance for current and potential Cimcorp customers.
- Identify potential customers through in depth research and networking.
- Target and pursue potential customers through consultation, tradeshows, cold calling, educational material, onsite meetings, and networking.
- Responsible to determine customer needs and liaison with System Planning to ensure functionality and design of system is attainable. This involves consulting with customers to gain knowledge on their business and product, and provide advice accordingly using system expertise.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on Cimcorp Group technologies and their value to customers. This involves working closely with System Planning, Product Management and Engineering as well as performing independent research to understand these technologies and effectively educate customers.
- Assist in the estimation and budgeting phase of potential projects. This involves liasing with customers, System Planners, as well as other Cimcorp disciplines to introduce project specifications and determine costing and overall budget.
- Responsible for preparing, finalizing, delivering, and negotiating firm quotation documentation to potential customers. This includes meeting with customers to review quotations, follow up, answer questions, and secure a signed agreement.
- Responsible for ongoing account liaison with a focus on educating and communicating new business opportunities and ventures to current clients.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate sales records and historical sales information. This includes making continuous updates to the opportunity list as well as ensures relevant communications are maintained in CIMO, Cimcorp’s ERP system.
- Responsible for building strong relationships with clients that foster long term business relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality of information accessed in accordance with Cimcorp policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA, are followed during all work activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of multi-million dollar system sales within the US food/grocery distribution market along with strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge in the area of industrial automation with a commitment to stay up to date with current technology to position Cimcorp as an industry leader.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, delegation skills, and ability to make educated decisions quickly.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to foresee obstacles, analyze problems, understand facts, and determine the root cause.
- Planning and organization skills necessary to write detailed objectives and plan how they will be attained.
- Advanced customer service orientation with a focus on ensuring provision of effective professional services.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team located in different geographic areas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, potential clients, vendors, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills, discretion, diplomacy and a demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement when handling confidential / sensitive information in communication with internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Powerpoint, and the Internet.
- Proficiency in business related systems such as Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Spoken/written knowledge of additional languages an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree specializing in Sales, Business Development, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a Sales Management role; experience in an industrial/engineering/automation industry is preferred.
- Extensive Travel is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.