The Robotic System Planner is responsible for preparing the technical aspects of the sales effort. In this capacity, as an integral member of the system planning team, the Robotic System Planner works closely with Sales Managers and Sales Project Managers in selecting and developing competitive, innovative, and effective solutions that address the material handling and warehouse automation needs of our customers and promoting these solutions to the customer.
Essential activities include the creative development of innovative solutions, the execution of data analysis and material flow calculations to validate technology selection, and the development of cost estimates, all by leveraging available expertise and tools. Active and effective interaction with experts and knowledge repositories within the company is essential to correctly apply available products, technology, and experience to new solutions. Similarly, the Robotic System Planner will work with external technology vendors, both directly and through global sourcing, to obtain cost estimates and to ensure OEM equipment being integrated into our solutions meets the project design specifications. The main material output of this effort is the sales proposal document set, with accompanying supporting documents such as cost budget and performance calculation.
Details of duties:
- Review specifications and information received from our customer to produce data analysis and material flow calculations.
- Brainstorm and develop innovative solutions to suit customer needs.
- Prepare well-organized, articulately composed and technically sound proposal documents.
- Create accurate and sufficiently detailed cost budgets by effectively drawing upon historical results, cost models, internal and external quotations, and the expertise and experience residing withing organization.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on Cimcorp technologies and their value to customers. This involves working closely with other functional departments within the company as well as performing independent research to understand how best to apply these technologies to develop optimal solutions.
- Coordinate with the procurement specialists to engage outside vendors to identify externally sourced technology needed to complete the Cimcorp solution, qualify the technology, and secure competitive quotes. This involves utilizing historical data, internal resources, suppliers, and external research to obtain quotes for scopes to determine both cost estimates and functionality.
- Organize and create modelling calculations and simulations as required to prove out and demonstrate new concepts.
- Deliver technical assistance and explanation to customers and internal departments on solution concept details and capabilities.
- Ensure all Cimcorp health and safety policies, procedures, and responsibilities under the OHSA are followed during all activities undertaken on behalf of the company.
- Represent Cimcorp towards external parties such as customers and partner suppliers in a professional, compentent and respectful manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to create, develop and promote innovative material handling solutions to satisfy our customer requirements.
- Experience with industrial automation, including general knowledge of control systems, PLCs, and software design and architecture.
- Experience with industrial robots, ASRS, and conveyor systems.
- Strong ability to read mechanical drawings.
- Strong numerical analysis and data handling capabilities to produce data analysis and material flow calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, the public, customers, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Rampant creativity and vision in support of an effective problem-solving ability, discretion, and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information and communicating with customers regarding delicate matters.
- Effective organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, with ability to prioritize work to meet team targets and deadlines without compromising service.
- High degree of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge in Creo and AutoCAD 2D/3D applications.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to leverage programming skills to resolve real-world issues.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in industrial engineering, computer science, process engineering, mechatronics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in an industrial/engineering/automation industry in a system planning capacity.
- Moderate travel is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license, passport, and non-restrictive travel ability to market countries are requirements for this position.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.