Cimcorp Automation is looking for an Electrical Designer. This position is responsible for working closely with highly skilled mechanical, electrical, and project management professionals, to design electrical systems based on calculations while conforming to sound engineering practices. This involves ensuring device performance reliability and conformance to customer specifications. In addition, this position is responsible for the ongoing implementation of improved quality and reliability of Cimcorp systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) to ten (10) years of experience as an Electrical Designer in an industrial/engineering/automation environment.
- Strong ability to develop electrical designs of complex automated systems from basic concepts using engineering principles.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including 400/480/600VAC 3-phase, controls, I/O systems, servo control, safety circuits and pneumatics.
- Familiarity with modular cabling technologies, cable tray systems and electrical installations.
- Electrical wiring experience and familiarity with mechanical systems is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of sound engineering practices and electrical codes with a commitment to adhering to all standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of basic robotic operations, including mechanical, electrical, and software interfacing.
- Understanding of, and experience with, conveying and material handling equipment is considered an asset.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of multi-function team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to deal courteously and effectively with all levels of staff, customers, vendors, partners, and any other potential stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and other common software packages. An ability to learn and use other software packages, such as our ERP software, is required.
- Hands on experience with AutoCAD Electrical is required.
Qualified candidates are welcome to send their resume
Cimcorp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.